**PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF SOUTH FLORIDA**
You will be the heart and soul of our Client, Breakaway Tours' Destination Team. Trip Leaders are the face and representation of Breakaway Tours with their passengers throughout the duration of their trip. On destination, Trip Leaders will act as the main point of contact whenever passengers have questions and/or concerns. Most importantly, Trip Leaders make sure passengers are having their #TripOfALifetime. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Contact travelers before departure day to establish relationships and answer any questions.
- Meet and guide travelers from their point of origin to their destination.
- Provide destination information and encourage participation from passengers.
- Assist with the execution of activities, excursions, and events while on destination.
- Help to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all passengers on the trip.
- Ensure every passenger is a happy traveler while enjoying their #TripofaLifetime with their Mega Buddies!
Completed or pursuing a college diploma or university degree in any of the following areas or equivalent:
- Child and Youth Studies
- Social Work
- Recreation & Outdoor Adventure
- Interested in a leadership role with youth.
- Comfortable with long hours and evening shifts to provide passengers with a constant point of contact during their trip.
- Experience in any of the following roles considered an asset: camp counselor, tour guide, cruise ships, lifeguard, Frosh leader etc.
- Fluency in French or Spanish is an advantage.
- Valid Passport QUICK FACTS
Trip Leaders are recruited, hired, trained, and scheduled by Go to Dominican LLC. They are then placed for volunteer trip opportunities to Clients such as Breakaway Tours. Role
: Volunteer, Contracted per tripGrowth
: After mastering this role, you can become a Field CoordinatorTRIP SEASON
We run trips from January through to July, and are looking for team members who are going to be able to commit to the majority of our trips all year. Each trip is between 3-10 days in length. Upcoming Destinations:
Freeport, BahamasUpcoming Dates:
June 2019RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- Apply Online
- Phone Interview
- Group Interview (April 18th in North Fort Lauderdale from 11am-3pm)
- Certification Test & Background Check